Dara Singh fake encounter case: Additional SP suspended
Jaipur: Rajasthan government has suspended
Additional SP Arshad Ali, charge sheeted by CBI for his
alleged involvement in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
His suspension order was issued yesterday, according
Another senior IPS officer Ajay Kumar Jain who was
suspended by the government is absconding.
CBI had summoned both the officers last month for
interrogation, however, they failed to appear before it and
their whereabouts are unknown.
A local court has also issued warrant against them.
Five policemen --including an IPS officer A
Ponnuchamy-- and a retired sub-inspector have been arrested so
far in connection with the encounter case which is being
investigated by the CBI.
The agency filed a charge sheet in a local court
naming former BJP minister and sitting MLA Rajendra Rathore
but stopped short of making him an accused.
Dara Singh was killed by the Special Operations Group
(SOG) in an alleged fake encounter on October 23, 2006 in
Rangendra Prasad Nagar area on the outskirts of Jaipur.
His family members had accused a senior state BJP
leader claiming that Singh was targeted because of personal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre