Dara Singh fake encounter case: Additional SP suspended
Jaipur: Rajasthan government has suspended
Additional SP Arshad Ali, charge sheeted by CBI for his
alleged involvement in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
His suspension order was issued yesterday, according
Another senior IPS officer Ajay Kumar Jain who was
suspended by the government is absconding.
CBI had summoned both the officers last month for
interrogation, however, they failed to appear before it and
their whereabouts are unknown.
A local court has also issued warrant against them.
Five policemen --including an IPS officer A
Ponnuchamy-- and a retired sub-inspector have been arrested so
far in connection with the encounter case which is being
investigated by the CBI.
The agency filed a charge sheet in a local court
naming former BJP minister and sitting MLA Rajendra Rathore
but stopped short of making him an accused.
Dara Singh was killed by the Special Operations Group
(SOG) in an alleged fake encounter on October 23, 2006 in
Rangendra Prasad Nagar area on the outskirts of Jaipur.
His family members had accused a senior state BJP
leader claiming that Singh was targeted because of personal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi