Dara Singh murder: CBI arrests 4 policemen in fake encounter case
Jaipur: More than four years after the alleged fake encounter of criminal Dara Singh, the CBI has
arrested four Rajasthan Police officials in connection with the killing.
The policemen, holding the rank of Inspector, Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector, were arrested yesterday for their alleged involvement in the killing of Singh here on October 23, 2006, police sources said.
Those arrested are Inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, ASI Surendra Singh, all posted in Jaipur, and SI Satyanarayan Godara, posted in Bikaner, they said.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
Dara Singh`s family members had alleged that the encounter, which took place in Mansarover area here, was fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum