Dara Singh murder: CBI arrests 4 policemen in fake encounter case
Jaipur: More than four years after the alleged fake encounter of criminal Dara Singh, the CBI has
arrested four Rajasthan Police officials in connection with the killing.
The policemen, holding the rank of Inspector, Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector, were arrested yesterday for their alleged involvement in the killing of Singh here on October 23, 2006, police sources said.
Those arrested are Inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, ASI Surendra Singh, all posted in Jaipur, and SI Satyanarayan Godara, posted in Bikaner, they said.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
Dara Singh`s family members had alleged that the encounter, which took place in Mansarover area here, was fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India