Dara Singh murder: CBI arrests 4 policemen in fake encounter case
Jaipur: More than four years after the alleged fake encounter of criminal Dara Singh, the CBI has
arrested four Rajasthan Police officials in connection with the killing.
The policemen, holding the rank of Inspector, Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector, were arrested yesterday for their alleged involvement in the killing of Singh here on October 23, 2006, police sources said.
Those arrested are Inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, ASI Surendra Singh, all posted in Jaipur, and SI Satyanarayan Godara, posted in Bikaner, they said.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
Dara Singh`s family members had alleged that the encounter, which took place in Mansarover area here, was fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter