Dara Singh murder: CBI arrests 4 policemen in fake encounter case
Jaipur: More than four years after the alleged fake encounter of criminal Dara Singh, the CBI has
arrested four Rajasthan Police officials in connection with the killing.
The policemen, holding the rank of Inspector, Sub-Inspector and Assistant Sub-Inspector, were arrested yesterday for their alleged involvement in the killing of Singh here on October 23, 2006, police sources said.
Those arrested are Inspectors Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, ASI Surendra Singh, all posted in Jaipur, and SI Satyanarayan Godara, posted in Bikaner, they said.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
Dara Singh`s family members had alleged that the encounter, which took place in Mansarover area here, was fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'