Daughter raped by father in Bikaner
Bikaner: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The girl, a resident of Sridungargarh area, alleged that her father Jagdish raped her on the night of May 7 when she was alone at the house.
She narrated the incident to her brother, who came home next morning, following which the FIR was filed with Bhoruna police station last evening, they said.
"The girl and her brother were living at an orphanage in Sikar for several years as her grandfather had murdered her mother and grandmother. The accused father had taken both of them to Bikaner on May 6 and committed the crime on May 7," SHO Gopal Ram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
"The girl has been admitted to PBM government hospital for a medical check up. The accused is absconding and being searched," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam