Daughter raped by father in Bikaner
Bikaner: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in the district, police said here on Tuesday.
The girl, a resident of Sridungargarh area, alleged that her father Jagdish raped her on the night of May 7 when she was alone at the house.
She narrated the incident to her brother, who came home next morning, following which the FIR was filed with Bhoruna police station last evening, they said.
"The girl and her brother were living at an orphanage in Sikar for several years as her grandfather had murdered her mother and grandmother. The accused father had taken both of them to Bikaner on May 6 and committed the crime on May 7," SHO Gopal Ram said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
"The girl has been admitted to PBM government hospital for a medical check up. The accused is absconding and being searched," Ram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it