Dausa MP visits Bhanwari murder case accused in hospital
Jodhpur: Mahipal Maderna, the key accused in the murder case of Bhanwari Devi, was on Saturday visited by Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena in the MDM Hospital here, where the former was admitted since February 11.
Meena, who stayed there for about half-an-hour, told reporters here that it was a "courtesy" visit.
When enquired about Maderna`s health, the MP said, "He is sick and has been resting in the hospital for quite some time. He needs proper treatment".
It was his second meeting with Maderna after he was arrested by the CBI. Before this, Meena had met the Bhanwari case accused in Jodhpur jail in February last year.
Maderna, who was ordered by a local court to be shifted to Jaipur jail, complained of heart pain following which he was admitted to MDM Hospital.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof