Dausa MP visits Bhanwari murder case accused in hospital
Jodhpur: Mahipal Maderna, the key accused in the murder case of Bhanwari Devi, was on Saturday visited by Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena in the MDM Hospital here, where the former was admitted since February 11.
Meena, who stayed there for about half-an-hour, told reporters here that it was a "courtesy" visit.
When enquired about Maderna`s health, the MP said, "He is sick and has been resting in the hospital for quite some time. He needs proper treatment".
It was his second meeting with Maderna after he was arrested by the CBI. Before this, Meena had met the Bhanwari case accused in Jodhpur jail in February last year.
Maderna, who was ordered by a local court to be shifted to Jaipur jail, complained of heart pain following which he was admitted to MDM Hospital.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test