Dausa MP visits Bhanwari murder case accused in hospital
Jodhpur: Mahipal Maderna, the key accused in the murder case of Bhanwari Devi, was on Saturday visited by Dausa MP Kirori Lal Meena in the MDM Hospital here, where the former was admitted since February 11.
Meena, who stayed there for about half-an-hour, told reporters here that it was a "courtesy" visit.
When enquired about Maderna`s health, the MP said, "He is sick and has been resting in the hospital for quite some time. He needs proper treatment".
It was his second meeting with Maderna after he was arrested by the CBI. Before this, Meena had met the Bhanwari case accused in Jodhpur jail in February last year.
Maderna, who was ordered by a local court to be shifted to Jaipur jail, complained of heart pain following which he was admitted to MDM Hospital.
36-year-old Bhanwari, who was an auxiliary nurse, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area on September 1, 2011.
During the CBI probe, it was found that she was abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal, which were recovered by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers