Day-to-day hearing in Dara Singh encounter case
Jaipur: Day-to-day hearing was on Monday ordered in the Dara Singh fake encounter killing case, in which an additional DGP and a BJP MLA were among those arrested, by the Rajasthan High Court which had earlier slammed the agency for being "all out to deliberately delay the trial".
The order came on a petition filed by Jagram, a head constable, who was arrested for allegedly being part of the police team that killed a liquor mafia member of Churu Dara Singh in October 2006 and has been languishing in jail for more than 11 months, alleging delay in trial.
A single bench of the high court directed that "day-to-day hearing be held as far as possible" in connection with the case in which BJP legislator and chief whip of the party in Assembly Rajendra Singh Rathore was among the 13 accused.
Meanwhile, the CBI special court today committed the case of suspended additional DGP AK Jain, who had surrendered on February 27, to District and Sessions judge for trial.
However, BJP MLA Rathore, who was arrested and sent to jail on Thursday by the CBI court on charges of hatching the entire conspiracy of fake encounter, did not turn up before the court citing health reasons.
The MLA moved two applications in the court seeking cooler facility in jail and permission to speak to his wife on telephone. Rathore claimed that his wife she keeps a special fast for him and takes foods only after hearing his voice.
Earlier, the court while hearing the head constable`s plea seeking speedy justice had come down heavily on the CBI for giving "differential" treatment to the accused saying the agency`s objectives have been compromised and it was high time it was "shut down".
"It appears that accused in the same case are being given differential treatment by CBI....The aims and objectives with which CBI was established have been compromised and CBI is proving counterproductive to these objects and its high time when the agency needs to be shut down," the court had observed.
The court had said, "We fail to understand how CBI can give a go-by to the humanitarian view of the fact that an accused is languishing in jail for more than 11 months and the CBI is all out to deliberately delay the trial."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read