Death toll in Bharatpur violence rises to 9
Bharatpur/Jaipur: The death toll in communal
clashes in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district climbed to nine
after a man succumbed to his injuries at a hospital, officials
said on day.
"The man was hospitalised at Sawai Man Singh government
hospital in Jaipur and died last night. With this, nine people
have died so far," Bharatpur District Collector Gaurav Goyal
Official sources said post mortem of seven victims also
began today after their relatives agreed to take their bodies.
Autopsy on two bodies had been conducted earlier.
Meanwhile, the issue was discussed at an informal cabinet
gathering in Jaipur.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal told reporters that
the government has already ordered CBI and judicial probes
into the matter.
The clashes took places between the members of two
communities in Gopalgarh town in Bharatpur on last Wednesday
over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty