Death toll in Bharatpur violence rises to 9
Bharatpur/Jaipur: The death toll in communal
clashes in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district climbed to nine
after a man succumbed to his injuries at a hospital, officials
said on day.
"The man was hospitalised at Sawai Man Singh government
hospital in Jaipur and died last night. With this, nine people
have died so far," Bharatpur District Collector Gaurav Goyal
Official sources said post mortem of seven victims also
began today after their relatives agreed to take their bodies.
Autopsy on two bodies had been conducted earlier.
Meanwhile, the issue was discussed at an informal cabinet
gathering in Jaipur.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal told reporters that
the government has already ordered CBI and judicial probes
into the matter.
The clashes took places between the members of two
communities in Gopalgarh town in Bharatpur on last Wednesday
over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump