Death toll in Bharatpur violence rises to 9
Bharatpur/Jaipur: The death toll in communal
clashes in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district climbed to nine
after a man succumbed to his injuries at a hospital, officials
said on day.
"The man was hospitalised at Sawai Man Singh government
hospital in Jaipur and died last night. With this, nine people
have died so far," Bharatpur District Collector Gaurav Goyal
Official sources said post mortem of seven victims also
began today after their relatives agreed to take their bodies.
Autopsy on two bodies had been conducted earlier.
Meanwhile, the issue was discussed at an informal cabinet
gathering in Jaipur.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal told reporters that
the government has already ordered CBI and judicial probes
into the matter.
The clashes took places between the members of two
communities in Gopalgarh town in Bharatpur on last Wednesday
over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees