Death toll in Bharatpur violence rises to 9
Bharatpur/Jaipur: The death toll in communal
clashes in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district climbed to nine
after a man succumbed to his injuries at a hospital, officials
said on day.
"The man was hospitalised at Sawai Man Singh government
hospital in Jaipur and died last night. With this, nine people
have died so far," Bharatpur District Collector Gaurav Goyal
Official sources said post mortem of seven victims also
began today after their relatives agreed to take their bodies.
Autopsy on two bodies had been conducted earlier.
Meanwhile, the issue was discussed at an informal cabinet
gathering in Jaipur.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal told reporters that
the government has already ordered CBI and judicial probes
into the matter.
The clashes took places between the members of two
communities in Gopalgarh town in Bharatpur on last Wednesday
over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore