Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme rolled out in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Centre`s ambitious Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme was on Tuesday rolled out in three districts of the Rajasthan.
The Aadhar-linked scheme, that enables direct cash transfer of subsidies into bank accounts of the beneficiaries, covers Alwar, Ajmer and Udaipur districts of the state.
Chief Secretary CK Mathew said here that cash subsidy of as many as seven schemes -- including scholarship and stipend for students -- will reach directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
These three Rajasthan districts are among the 20 districts across the country where the scheme has been introduced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?