Disaster management mock drills conducted in Jaipur
Jaipur: To assess alertness and preparedness of various disaster management agencies during an emergency situation, mock drills were conducted here on Saturday.
Drill was conducted jointly by disaster management department, police and district administration at two shopping malls in Malvia Nagar here.
"The drill began with controlled blast of low intensity bombs in Gaurav tower premises and World Trade Park at JNL road. The malls were evacuated and fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames," Ishwar Jat, fire officer, said.
He added that exercise checked the response time of authorities and their preparedness to handle a crisis along with creating community awareness.
A rescue operation during a radioactive bomb blast was also demonstrated in the drill. Police, district administration and Army officers were present at the spot with their teams.
Civil Defence volunteers were also participated in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax