Disaster management mock drills conducted in Jaipur
Jaipur: To assess alertness and preparedness of various disaster management agencies during an emergency situation, mock drills were conducted here on Saturday.
Drill was conducted jointly by disaster management department, police and district administration at two shopping malls in Malvia Nagar here.
"The drill began with controlled blast of low intensity bombs in Gaurav tower premises and World Trade Park at JNL road. The malls were evacuated and fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames," Ishwar Jat, fire officer, said.
He added that exercise checked the response time of authorities and their preparedness to handle a crisis along with creating community awareness.
A rescue operation during a radioactive bomb blast was also demonstrated in the drill. Police, district administration and Army officers were present at the spot with their teams.
Civil Defence volunteers were also participated in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you