Disaster management mock drills conducted in Jaipur
Jaipur: To assess alertness and preparedness of various disaster management agencies during an emergency situation, mock drills were conducted here on Saturday.
Drill was conducted jointly by disaster management department, police and district administration at two shopping malls in Malvia Nagar here.
"The drill began with controlled blast of low intensity bombs in Gaurav tower premises and World Trade Park at JNL road. The malls were evacuated and fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames," Ishwar Jat, fire officer, said.
He added that exercise checked the response time of authorities and their preparedness to handle a crisis along with creating community awareness.
A rescue operation during a radioactive bomb blast was also demonstrated in the drill. Police, district administration and Army officers were present at the spot with their teams.
Civil Defence volunteers were also participated in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan