Dist admin to check on child marriages on Akshay Tritya
Udaipur: District authorities have restricted use of services like that of photographers, priests, buses, jeeps, horses, music bands to check on child marriages in the district on the occasion of Akshay Tritya festival.
The district administration has constituted a Panchayat Sehriya Committee to check the practice of child marriage in the district.
According to District Magistrate Ashutosh A T Pendekar these committees will visit their panchayat areas before May 2, auspicious date according to Hindu calendar, to find out any information related to child marriages.
If anyone tries to encourage child marriage, he or she will be prosecuted as per law, he said.
These committees will be giving out information about the legal implications and ill-effects of child marriage in their respective areas.
Even if people do not adhere to the rules, then their complaints will be given to the sub-division magistrate, tehsildar, development incharge and Police station incharge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India