Dist admin to check on child marriages on Akshay Tritya
Udaipur: District authorities have restricted use of services like that of photographers, priests, buses, jeeps, horses, music bands to check on child marriages in the district on the occasion of Akshay Tritya festival.
The district administration has constituted a Panchayat Sehriya Committee to check the practice of child marriage in the district.
According to District Magistrate Ashutosh A T Pendekar these committees will visit their panchayat areas before May 2, auspicious date according to Hindu calendar, to find out any information related to child marriages.
If anyone tries to encourage child marriage, he or she will be prosecuted as per law, he said.
These committees will be giving out information about the legal implications and ill-effects of child marriage in their respective areas.
Even if people do not adhere to the rules, then their complaints will be given to the sub-division magistrate, tehsildar, development incharge and Police station incharge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender