Dist admin to check on child marriages on Akshay Tritya
Udaipur: District authorities have restricted use of services like that of photographers, priests, buses, jeeps, horses, music bands to check on child marriages in the district on the occasion of Akshay Tritya festival.
The district administration has constituted a Panchayat Sehriya Committee to check the practice of child marriage in the district.
According to District Magistrate Ashutosh A T Pendekar these committees will visit their panchayat areas before May 2, auspicious date according to Hindu calendar, to find out any information related to child marriages.
If anyone tries to encourage child marriage, he or she will be prosecuted as per law, he said.
These committees will be giving out information about the legal implications and ill-effects of child marriage in their respective areas.
Even if people do not adhere to the rules, then their complaints will be given to the sub-division magistrate, tehsildar, development incharge and Police station incharge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'