Dist admin to check on child marriages on Akshay Tritya
Udaipur: District authorities have restricted use of services like that of photographers, priests, buses, jeeps, horses, music bands to check on child marriages in the district on the occasion of Akshay Tritya festival.
The district administration has constituted a Panchayat Sehriya Committee to check the practice of child marriage in the district.
According to District Magistrate Ashutosh A T Pendekar these committees will visit their panchayat areas before May 2, auspicious date according to Hindu calendar, to find out any information related to child marriages.
If anyone tries to encourage child marriage, he or she will be prosecuted as per law, he said.
These committees will be giving out information about the legal implications and ill-effects of child marriage in their respective areas.
Even if people do not adhere to the rules, then their complaints will be given to the sub-division magistrate, tehsildar, development incharge and Police station incharge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium