DMRC to construct Jaipur Metro Rail
New Delhi: The DMRC will construct the
Standard Gauge Metro Rail in Rajasthan`s capital Jaipur, its
first independent project outside the National Capital Region
since its inception.
Rajasthan Government has asked the DMRC to construct the
Jaipur Metro, which will ultimately have a 29.9 km corridor,
and an agreement to this effect will be signed by officials of
state government and Delhi Metro tomorrow in Jaipur.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and DMRC Managing Director E
Sreedharan would be present on the occasion.
To be built at a cost of Rs 1,250 crore, the Jaipur
Metro will have three corridors and a total of 29 stations,
which are expected to be completed by 2013.
This is the first Metro project the DMRC would be
constructing outside the National Capital Region, where it has
an existing 125-km network, though it acts as consultant to
Metro projects in Bengaluru, Kochi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai,
Ahmedabad, Pune and Ludhiana.
Initially, the DMRC would construct the 9.25 km long
Metro corridor between Mansarover and Chand Pole consisting of
eight elevated and one underground station, DMRC spokesman
Anuj Dayal said.
The DMRC will undertake the civil construction including
the track work, construction of the Metro maintenance Depot,
arrangement for traction and power supply as per the
Dayal said the DMRC has already set up a project office
at Jaipur headed by the Project Director Lalit Meghnani to
ensure that it is implemented at a fast pace. Other DMRC
engineers and staff are also being posted at Jaipur to ensure
The Jaipur Metro will be built on Standard Gauge like
other upcoming Metros in the country.
DMRC has four Broad Gauge corridors and one Standard
Gauge line as of now. It will add two more Standard Gauge
lines by September this year when the Central
Secretariat-Badarpur and Airport Express Line open.
Dayal said the Jaipur Metro is being designed for a
maximum speed of 80 kmph and modern signalling system with
Automatic Train Protection will be used. Automatic fare
collection system, smart cards are being proposed.
He said the DMRC is also ready to give full assistance
for operations, maintenance and training of the Jaipur Metro
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs