Docs` stir paralyse 5 dists of Rajasthan; 15 dead
Jaipur/Jodhpur: Medical services were
virtually paralysed in five major districts of Rajasthan with
residents doctors in at least 50 government and private
hospitals going on a strike against alleged lathicharge on
medicos in Jodhpur.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot condemned the strike by
the doctors. Officials sources said that at least 15 people
have died so far in Jodhpur as they could not be provided
treatment in time due to the stir which began yesterday.
"Medical services have been affected in SMS hospital
and associate hospitals including Janana Hospital, Mahila
Hospital, JK Lone hospital, and one private Mahatma Gandhi
hospital," Dr. KK Sahu, President of Jaipur Association of
Resident Doctors said.
On Saturday night, attenders of an injured patient
Nemi Chand Mali allegedly misbehaved with resident doctors on
duty at MDM government hospital in Jodhpur, official sources
said. A scuffle soon broke out between the medics and the kin
of the patient following which police resorted to lathicharge
to control the situation, they said.
Demanding action against senior police and
administration officials, private and government doctors went
on a strike in around 40 hospitals in Jodhpur, while resident
doctors have struck work in Jaipur, Kota, Ajmer and Bikaner.
Senior government doctors have announced a day`s mass
leave tomorrow in Kota and private doctors will join the
strike in Jaipur tomorrow.
"All the private doctors have decided to go on strike
tomorrow affecting services in around 400 private hospitals,"
Dr. Shivraj Singh, Secretary of Jaipur Medical Association
"In all government and private hospitals here, doctors
are on strike since yesterday and the strike will continue
until government takes action against those involved in the
lathicharge," Pramod Sharma, President of Doctors` Sangharsh
Samiti, Jodhpur, said.
Naresh Roy, Secretary of Rajasthan Medical College
Teachers` Association-Kota, said that 70 resident doctors are
on strike in two government colleges and 100 senior doctors
and medical collge teachers will go on one-day mass leave
tomorrow in support of Jodhpur doctors` demand.
Doctors in Jodhpur, 285 kms from Jaipur, took out a
protest march and burnt an effigy of the Chief Minister.
Meanwhile, Gehlot today reviewed the situation with
state Health Minister A A Khan and senior officials.
"It is a matter of concern. Doctors and nursing staff
must cooperate with patients and their kins. Doctors are like
God for patients but it is condemnable that doctors are not
behaving like this," Gehlot said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened