Doctor arrested for accepting bribe, Rs 8.25 lakh recovered in Kota
Kota: The Anti-Corruption Bureau has arrested a gynaecologist for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 and has also recovered 8.25 lakh rupees from her residence, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a complaint by one Rampratap Gujjar, the ACB officials arrested Dr Nirmala Sharma posted at Jay Kay Loan hospital with the bribe money at her government residence here yesterday, ACP Devendra Sharma said.
Gujjar had complained that the doctor had demanded a bribe of rupees 5,000 for an operation his wife Ramjanaki had to undergo, he said.
Police has also recovered rupees 8.25 lakh during the search.
Sharma will be produced before the court today, he said.
Suspecting that she has collected huge sum of money from various patients, police is further probing the matter with other patients admitted to the hospital.
The ACB has netted three government officials from Kota in the last six days.
Earlier, a contractual computer operator of Income Tax department Sandeep was arrested for accepting a bribe of rupees 4,000 on March 30 while Ramesh Chandra Shringi an agriculture officer of Horticulture department was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of rupees 12,000 at his office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan