Doctor arrested for accepting bribe, Rs 8.25 lakh recovered
Kota: The Anti-Corruption Bureau has arrested a gynaecologist for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 5,000 and has also recovered 8.25 lakh rupees from her residence, police said Friday.
Acting on a complaint by one Rampratap Gujjar, the ACB officials arrested Dr Nirmala Sharma posted at Jay Kay Loan hospital with the bribe money at her government residence here yesterday, ACP Devendra Sharma said.
Gujjar had complained that the doctor had demanded a bribe of rupees 5,000 for an operation his wife Ramjanaki had to undergo, he said.
Police has also recovered rupees 8.25 lakh during the search.
Sharma will be produced before the court today, he said.
Suspecting that she has collected huge sum of money from various patients, police is further probing the matter with other patients admitted to the hospital.
The ACB has netted three government officials from Kota in the last six days.
Earlier, a contractual computer operator of Income Tax department Sandeep was arrested for accepting a bribe of rupees 4,000 on March 30 while Ramesh Chandra Shringi an agriculture officer of Horticulture department was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of rupees 12,000 at his office here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'