Doctor arrested in inebriated state, released on bail in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): A government doctor at a Community Health Centre (CHC) here was arrested in an inebriated state for allegedly disturbing peace but was released on bail, police said today.
Ganesh Lal Meena, posted at the CHC in Indergarh was arrested yesterday and a case under section 107 (disturbing peace) and 151 (arrest to prevent commission of serious offences) of CrPC was registered against him, police official Banne Singh said.
His blood samples has been sent to forensic lab in Kota for ascertaining the quantity of alcohol, he said.
Meena was arrested following a report of abuse and misbehaviour with a nurse posted at the CHC, Singh said.
No such case has been lodged against the doctor as a departmental inquiry is already underway to look into the charges, they said.
The nurse had complained against Meena to the Sub Division magistrate (SDM) Mamta Tiwari yesterday.
Action against the accused will be taken once the departmental inquiry report is out, CMO Dr JP Meena said.
The doctor was released on bail yesterday evening, a few hours after his arrest.
The doctor was also reported to have created nuisance at the health centre on Monday but no complaint was made against him then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti