Doctor arrested in inebriated state, released on bail in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): A government doctor at a Community Health Centre (CHC) here was arrested in an inebriated state for allegedly disturbing peace but was released on bail, police said today.
Ganesh Lal Meena, posted at the CHC in Indergarh was arrested yesterday and a case under section 107 (disturbing peace) and 151 (arrest to prevent commission of serious offences) of CrPC was registered against him, police official Banne Singh said.
His blood samples has been sent to forensic lab in Kota for ascertaining the quantity of alcohol, he said.
Meena was arrested following a report of abuse and misbehaviour with a nurse posted at the CHC, Singh said.
No such case has been lodged against the doctor as a departmental inquiry is already underway to look into the charges, they said.
The nurse had complained against Meena to the Sub Division magistrate (SDM) Mamta Tiwari yesterday.
Action against the accused will be taken once the departmental inquiry report is out, CMO Dr JP Meena said.
The doctor was released on bail yesterday evening, a few hours after his arrest.
The doctor was also reported to have created nuisance at the health centre on Monday but no complaint was made against him then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened