Doctors` strike claims 44 lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The indefinite strike of government doctors, demanding a hike in salary, entered the fifth day on Sunday and paralysed medical services in parts of Rajasthan.
Due to unavailability of medical assistance 44 people have died in different parts of Rajasthan. Patients in several district hospitals, primary health centers and dispensaries are suffering due to non-availability of doctors.
The authorities have so far suspended 41 striking doctors while 379 have been arrested under the Rajasthan Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA).
Of the total of 8,503 doctors in government services, 5,600 are on strike, throwing the system out of gear.
Meanwhile, the state government has handed over three hospitals to Border Security Force (BSF) in Barmer, Jaisalmer and Bikaner.
The government has also published a list of private hospitals where the patients can get treated free of cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love