Doctors` strike claims 44 lives in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The indefinite strike of government doctors, demanding a hike in salary, entered the fifth day on Sunday and paralysed medical services in parts of Rajasthan.
Due to unavailability of medical assistance 44 people have died in different parts of Rajasthan. Patients in several district hospitals, primary health centers and dispensaries are suffering due to non-availability of doctors.
The authorities have so far suspended 41 striking doctors while 379 have been arrested under the Rajasthan Essential Services Maintenance Act (RESMA).
Of the total of 8,503 doctors in government services, 5,600 are on strike, throwing the system out of gear.
Meanwhile, the state government has handed over three hospitals to Border Security Force (BSF) in Barmer, Jaisalmer and Bikaner.
The government has also published a list of private hospitals where the patients can get treated free of cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof