Doctors` strike claims Afghan national`s dies
Jaipur: On a business trip to India, little
did Afghan national Mohammad Daud know that he would meet his
fate in an accident on the streets of the Pink City where
treatment was delayed due to a strike by doctors.
The 45-year-old carpet dealer was crossing the MI road
here yesterday when a speeding bus hit him, police said.
A local restaurant owner and others rushed him to Sawai
Man Singh Hospital, which is the biggest government hospital
in the state, and requested the staff present there to start
his treatment but doctors` allegedly took about an hour to
start it and he succumbed to his injuries, hospital sources
"Daud had arrived here with his brother who left for
Afghanistan few days back and Daud was staying alone here. He
had befriended some local traders here. His visa was valid
till January 2, 2012 and he was preparing to go to his home in
Afghanistan," the police said.
"We have informed his brother as well as officers in the
Afghan Embassy and his body has been shifted to a mortuary at
the SMS Hospital," police said, adding, that the bus driver
was arrested soon after the incident.
When contacted, L C Sharma, Superintendent of SMS
hospital, said, "I cannot comment as I am in a meeting."
Government doctors in the state are on a strike since
December 21 demanding time-bound promotions and pay hike.
Non-availability of medical services has claimed the lives of
50 patients in the state.
The state government has made alternate arrangements for
treatment of people and sought services of the Army, BSF,
railway and private hospitals to minimise the impact of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter