Don`t link Maderna issue with caste: Cong
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Congress on Sunday said
the arrest of jat leader Mahipal Maderna should not be linked
with caste issue.
"There is no one in the party who is biased against any
caste," Rajasthan Congress chief Chandrabhan told reporters
here in reply to a question.
"Maderna was sacked from the ministry to ensure that
investigations into the matter is not affected due to his
ministerial position," he said.
Maderna was arrested by the CBI on Friday night in
Jodhpur in connection with Bhanwari Devi abduction case.
Maderna, who represents Osian Assembly constituency, was
sacked from the Cabinet on October 16 by Chief Minister Ashok
Gehlot after his name cropped up in abduction of health worker
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs