Draft Jaipur Master Plan to be unveiled
Jaipur: To transform Jaipur into a "world
class city", a comprehensive plan for development of
infrastructure and public facilities including Metro would be
unveiled by month end, Rajasthan Government said on Tuesday.
A draft Jaipur Master Plan-2025 would be released on
March 29 by the Jaipur Development Authority (JDA), Urban
Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal told the Assembly
replying to a calling attention motion by a BJP MLA.
The plan would cover new projects on mono rail, metro
rail, car parking, tourism, heritage and revitalisation of
monuments, rehabilitation of people in slums, golf course,
convention centre, and housing.
Jaipur`s population is expected to grow from 33 lakh
to 75 lakh by the year 2030, he said, adding it was the right
time to conceptualise the mega projects for world class city.
A task force in this regard has held three meetings in
last five months in which chief town planners, architects,
builders and trade, commerce and industry experts participated
in the JDA`s efforts to work out the draft, he said.
A private advisor Feedback Ventures had already
prepared a draft report on February 15, he said, adding the
final draft would be readied by month end.
The very comprehensive mobility plan would be
sustainable and long-term, and the central government would
also share its financial liability, he assured the House.
Metro Rail work was already underway by Delhi Metro
experts, he said, adding the state government was also working
on availability of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users