Eight policemen injured in clashes with protesters
Jaipur: Eight policemen were injured
here on Tuesday after villagers pelted stones at them while protesting
against the arrest of a youth in Nosar Ghati area in Ajmer
district, officials said.
The protesters blocked a road in Nosar Ghati and pelted
stones at police and damaged a jeep, they said, adding
eight policemen received mild injuries in the incident.
The youth, Amir, was arrested today in a case relating to
damage of public property which irked locals, who staged a
protest and demanded his immediate release.
The unruly mob was later dispersed after senior police
officers pacified them, they said.
Barring a constable, rest of the policemen were discharged
after first-aid treatment, the officials said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter