Eight policemen injured in clashes with protesters
Jaipur: Eight policemen were injured
here on Tuesday after villagers pelted stones at them while protesting
against the arrest of a youth in Nosar Ghati area in Ajmer
district, officials said.
The protesters blocked a road in Nosar Ghati and pelted
stones at police and damaged a jeep, they said, adding
eight policemen received mild injuries in the incident.
The youth, Amir, was arrested today in a case relating to
damage of public property which irked locals, who staged a
protest and demanded his immediate release.
The unruly mob was later dispersed after senior police
officers pacified them, they said.
Barring a constable, rest of the policemen were discharged
after first-aid treatment, the officials said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley