Eight policemen injured in clashes with protesters
Jaipur: Eight policemen were injured
here on Tuesday after villagers pelted stones at them while protesting
against the arrest of a youth in Nosar Ghati area in Ajmer
district, officials said.
The protesters blocked a road in Nosar Ghati and pelted
stones at police and damaged a jeep, they said, adding
eight policemen received mild injuries in the incident.
The youth, Amir, was arrested today in a case relating to
damage of public property which irked locals, who staged a
protest and demanded his immediate release.
The unruly mob was later dispersed after senior police
officers pacified them, they said.
Barring a constable, rest of the policemen were discharged
after first-aid treatment, the officials said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan