Eight policemen injured in clashes with protesters
Jaipur: Eight policemen were injured
here on Tuesday after villagers pelted stones at them while protesting
against the arrest of a youth in Nosar Ghati area in Ajmer
district, officials said.
The protesters blocked a road in Nosar Ghati and pelted
stones at police and damaged a jeep, they said, adding
eight policemen received mild injuries in the incident.
The youth, Amir, was arrested today in a case relating to
damage of public property which irked locals, who staged a
protest and demanded his immediate release.
The unruly mob was later dispersed after senior police
officers pacified them, they said.
Barring a constable, rest of the policemen were discharged
after first-aid treatment, the officials said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab