Eight policemen injured in clashes with protesters
Jaipur: Eight policemen were injured
here on Tuesday after villagers pelted stones at them while protesting
against the arrest of a youth in Nosar Ghati area in Ajmer
district, officials said.
The protesters blocked a road in Nosar Ghati and pelted
stones at police and damaged a jeep, they said, adding
eight policemen received mild injuries in the incident.
The youth, Amir, was arrested today in a case relating to
damage of public property which irked locals, who staged a
protest and demanded his immediate release.
The unruly mob was later dispersed after senior police
officers pacified them, they said.
Barring a constable, rest of the policemen were discharged
after first-aid treatment, the officials said.
No arrests have been made so far in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci