Eight school children die in Rajasthan accident
Jaipur: At least eight children were killed and over two dozen children were wounded Tuesday when the school bus they were travelling in collided with a truck in Rajasthan`s Hanumangarh district, police said.
A police official said that the bus was carrying about 45 children to Saraswati Bal Vidya Mandir in Pilibanga near Hanumangarh, some 400 km from Jaipur.
"The accident occurred when the bus rammed into a truck while trying to overtake it. Eight kids died on the spot while two dozen others were seriously injured," said the official.
He added that the injured were admitted in various hospital in Hanumangarh and Sriganganagar.
"Condition of about six children is stated to be critical," said the official.
Villagers closed down markets in nearby Goluwala town and blocked a road demanding action against school authorities for deploying a negligent bus driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police