`Elaborate security arrangements to ensure free & fair polls`
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements will be made to ensure free and fair Lok Sabha elections in Rajasthan.
"Adequate arrangements will be made for the parliamentary polls and deployment of forces will be made in such a manner so that no untoward incident takes place," Special DG (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh told reporters after a review meeting at the Jaipur Police Commissionerate.
He said as per their suggestion the Election Commission had announced two-phase polling in the state, and free and fair elections will be the priority of the police department.
During the meeting, Singh asked the personnel of Jaipur Police Commissionerate to do multitasking in order to deliver good results and to effectively curb rising crime.
"Shortage of resources makes policing difficult so I asked the policemen to do multitasking so that available resources can be utilised perfectly," he said.
Asked about the status of suspended senior IAS officer and rape accused B B Mohanty, who is absconding, Singh, in a general way, said concrete evidence to establish a crime is required in each case but before this happen, the offender usually disappears. Mohanty has been accused of rape by a civil services aspirant.
He said the police would made all efforts to solve pending cases, and arrest those wanted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city