`Elaborate security arrangements to ensure free & fair polls`
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements will be made to ensure free and fair Lok Sabha elections in Rajasthan.
"Adequate arrangements will be made for the parliamentary polls and deployment of forces will be made in such a manner so that no untoward incident takes place," Special DG (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh told reporters after a review meeting at the Jaipur Police Commissionerate.
He said as per their suggestion the Election Commission had announced two-phase polling in the state, and free and fair elections will be the priority of the police department.
During the meeting, Singh asked the personnel of Jaipur Police Commissionerate to do multitasking in order to deliver good results and to effectively curb rising crime.
"Shortage of resources makes policing difficult so I asked the policemen to do multitasking so that available resources can be utilised perfectly," he said.
Asked about the status of suspended senior IAS officer and rape accused B B Mohanty, who is absconding, Singh, in a general way, said concrete evidence to establish a crime is required in each case but before this happen, the offender usually disappears. Mohanty has been accused of rape by a civil services aspirant.
He said the police would made all efforts to solve pending cases, and arrest those wanted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III