`Elaborate security arrangements to ensure free & fair polls`
Jaipur: Elaborate security arrangements will be made to ensure free and fair Lok Sabha elections in Rajasthan.
"Adequate arrangements will be made for the parliamentary polls and deployment of forces will be made in such a manner so that no untoward incident takes place," Special DG (Law and Order) Navdeep Singh told reporters after a review meeting at the Jaipur Police Commissionerate.
He said as per their suggestion the Election Commission had announced two-phase polling in the state, and free and fair elections will be the priority of the police department.
During the meeting, Singh asked the personnel of Jaipur Police Commissionerate to do multitasking in order to deliver good results and to effectively curb rising crime.
"Shortage of resources makes policing difficult so I asked the policemen to do multitasking so that available resources can be utilised perfectly," he said.
Asked about the status of suspended senior IAS officer and rape accused B B Mohanty, who is absconding, Singh, in a general way, said concrete evidence to establish a crime is required in each case but before this happen, the offender usually disappears. Mohanty has been accused of rape by a civil services aspirant.
He said the police would made all efforts to solve pending cases, and arrest those wanted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!