Eleven pilgrims die in road accident
Jodhpur: Eleven pilgrims were killed in a road accident when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck, police said on Wednesday.
All the victims belong to Gujarat and were heading for Ramdevra in Jaisalmer district to pay obeisance to the folk deity "Baba Ramdev".
An MUV, carrying 20 pilgrims including driver, had left from Panchmal district of Gujarat for Ramdevra. In the wee hours today at about 1.00 AM, when they were passing through Balesar town, some 70 km from Jodhpur, their vehicle collided head-on with the truck, official said.
Seven of the pilgrims died on the spot, while four other succumbed to their injuries on way to a hospital.
The deceased include eight women, two children and a man.
Nine others are admitted at a hospital in Jodhpur, where condition of three is said to be critical, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you