Eleven pilgrims die in road accident
Jodhpur: Eleven pilgrims were killed in a road accident when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck, police said on Wednesday.
All the victims belong to Gujarat and were heading for Ramdevra in Jaisalmer district to pay obeisance to the folk deity "Baba Ramdev".
An MUV, carrying 20 pilgrims including driver, had left from Panchmal district of Gujarat for Ramdevra. In the wee hours today at about 1.00 AM, when they were passing through Balesar town, some 70 km from Jodhpur, their vehicle collided head-on with the truck, official said.
Seven of the pilgrims died on the spot, while four other succumbed to their injuries on way to a hospital.
The deceased include eight women, two children and a man.
Nine others are admitted at a hospital in Jodhpur, where condition of three is said to be critical, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!