Eleven pilgrims die in road accident
Jodhpur: Eleven pilgrims were killed in a road accident when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck, police said on Wednesday.
All the victims belong to Gujarat and were heading for Ramdevra in Jaisalmer district to pay obeisance to the folk deity "Baba Ramdev".
An MUV, carrying 20 pilgrims including driver, had left from Panchmal district of Gujarat for Ramdevra. In the wee hours today at about 1.00 AM, when they were passing through Balesar town, some 70 km from Jodhpur, their vehicle collided head-on with the truck, official said.
Seven of the pilgrims died on the spot, while four other succumbed to their injuries on way to a hospital.
The deceased include eight women, two children and a man.
Nine others are admitted at a hospital in Jodhpur, where condition of three is said to be critical, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III