Eloped couple beaten, robbed by friends
Jaipur: In a case of an elopement gone wrong, two class X students were on Saturday assaulted and robbed of jewelry worth Rs 1.5 lakh by friends who had promised to help them in running away from their homes, police said here.
Police Commissioner BL Soni told a news agency it was suspected that the boy died after being thrashed and over 100 policemen were searching for him in Saiwad area near Amer in the district.
"The boy and the girl, both studying in class X in a local school, planned to elope and they left their houses early in the morning today and met at a place where their two friends were already waiting," Soni said.
Their friends had promised that they would help them.
"They all went into nearby forest area to hide but their friends began to thrash the boy, who along with him had brought jewellery worth Rs 1.5 lakh," he said.
Both the accused took away the jewellery leaving the girl and the boy there, he said.
Their family members started looking for them and informed police. The girl was found by locals and police to whom she narrated the incident.
"The girl said that her boyfriend was badly beaten, and likely killed, by the two friends who also robbed them of the valuables but we could not locate the boy," he said.
Police sources said the girl might have been molested by the two friends, who are absconding.
"The girl is not in a state to give all the details properly. A medical examination was conducted by a medical board which suggested that the girl was not raped," he said.
Soni, however, said "We are seeking help of other experts to ascertain the facts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India