Eloped couple beaten, robbed by friends
Jaipur: In a case of an elopement gone wrong, two class X students were on Saturday assaulted and robbed of jewelry worth Rs 1.5 lakh by friends who had promised to help them in running away from their homes, police said here.
Police Commissioner BL Soni told a news agency it was suspected that the boy died after being thrashed and over 100 policemen were searching for him in Saiwad area near Amer in the district.
"The boy and the girl, both studying in class X in a local school, planned to elope and they left their houses early in the morning today and met at a place where their two friends were already waiting," Soni said.
Their friends had promised that they would help them.
"They all went into nearby forest area to hide but their friends began to thrash the boy, who along with him had brought jewellery worth Rs 1.5 lakh," he said.
Both the accused took away the jewellery leaving the girl and the boy there, he said.
Their family members started looking for them and informed police. The girl was found by locals and police to whom she narrated the incident.
"The girl said that her boyfriend was badly beaten, and likely killed, by the two friends who also robbed them of the valuables but we could not locate the boy," he said.
Police sources said the girl might have been molested by the two friends, who are absconding.
"The girl is not in a state to give all the details properly. A medical examination was conducted by a medical board which suggested that the girl was not raped," he said.
Soni, however, said "We are seeking help of other experts to ascertain the facts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25