Engineering student abducted from Jaipur
Jaipur: A B.Tech student has been allegedly abducted from the campus of a private university in Kho-Nagorian area here, police said on Friday.
20-year-old Ashutosh Kumar, the first year student of B.Tech course in Jaipur National University (JNU), was allegedly abducted from the campus on Wednesday evening, they said.
"Warden of JNU Alok Singh lodged an FIR with the police about Ashutosh`s kidnap yesterday," Investigating Officer (IO) Tarun Kumar told PTI.
Ashutosh`s father got a call from an STD booth in Jaipur and a message sent from his son`s mobile number on August 20 and August 21 respectively saying "he (Ashtosh) will be killed in 24 hours," the IO said, adding, there has been no call for ransom yet.
Mystery has shrouded this case as Ashutosh had earlier told his friend that he was abducted seven years ago by some miscreants from Bihar but was freed four days later on Nepal border, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates