Engineering student abducted from Jaipur
Jaipur: A B.Tech student has been allegedly abducted from the campus of a private university in Kho-Nagorian area here, police said on Friday.
20-year-old Ashutosh Kumar, the first year student of B.Tech course in Jaipur National University (JNU), was allegedly abducted from the campus on Wednesday evening, they said.
"Warden of JNU Alok Singh lodged an FIR with the police about Ashutosh`s kidnap yesterday," Investigating Officer (IO) Tarun Kumar told PTI.
Ashutosh`s father got a call from an STD booth in Jaipur and a message sent from his son`s mobile number on August 20 and August 21 respectively saying "he (Ashtosh) will be killed in 24 hours," the IO said, adding, there has been no call for ransom yet.
Mystery has shrouded this case as Ashutosh had earlier told his friend that he was abducted seven years ago by some miscreants from Bihar but was freed four days later on Nepal border, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Premier League: Leicester City will still be the underdogs, says manager Claudio Ranieri
- 'Avengers' stars surprise sick fan—See inside!
- All religions are used by men to control women: Mona Eltahawy
- Whoa! You will be shocked to know how much Priyanka Chopra is expected to earn in 40 days
- Chilean engineer develops early cancer detection system