Engineering student abducted from Jaipur
Jaipur: A B.Tech student has been allegedly abducted from the campus of a private university in Kho-Nagorian area here, police said on Friday.
20-year-old Ashutosh Kumar, the first year student of B.Tech course in Jaipur National University (JNU), was allegedly abducted from the campus on Wednesday evening, they said.
"Warden of JNU Alok Singh lodged an FIR with the police about Ashutosh`s kidnap yesterday," Investigating Officer (IO) Tarun Kumar told PTI.
Ashutosh`s father got a call from an STD booth in Jaipur and a message sent from his son`s mobile number on August 20 and August 21 respectively saying "he (Ashtosh) will be killed in 24 hours," the IO said, adding, there has been no call for ransom yet.
Mystery has shrouded this case as Ashutosh had earlier told his friend that he was abducted seven years ago by some miscreants from Bihar but was freed four days later on Nepal border, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured