Engineering student abducted from Jaipur
Jaipur: A B.Tech student has been allegedly abducted from the campus of a private university in Kho-Nagorian area here, police said on Friday.
20-year-old Ashutosh Kumar, the first year student of B.Tech course in Jaipur National University (JNU), was allegedly abducted from the campus on Wednesday evening, they said.
"Warden of JNU Alok Singh lodged an FIR with the police about Ashutosh`s kidnap yesterday," Investigating Officer (IO) Tarun Kumar told PTI.
Ashutosh`s father got a call from an STD booth in Jaipur and a message sent from his son`s mobile number on August 20 and August 21 respectively saying "he (Ashtosh) will be killed in 24 hours," the IO said, adding, there has been no call for ransom yet.
Mystery has shrouded this case as Ashutosh had earlier told his friend that he was abducted seven years ago by some miscreants from Bihar but was freed four days later on Nepal border, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi