Engineering student abducted from Jaipur
Jaipur: A B.Tech student has been allegedly abducted from the campus of a private university in Kho-Nagorian area here, police said on Friday.
20-year-old Ashutosh Kumar, the first year student of B.Tech course in Jaipur National University (JNU), was allegedly abducted from the campus on Wednesday evening, they said.
"Warden of JNU Alok Singh lodged an FIR with the police about Ashutosh`s kidnap yesterday," Investigating Officer (IO) Tarun Kumar told PTI.
Ashutosh`s father got a call from an STD booth in Jaipur and a message sent from his son`s mobile number on August 20 and August 21 respectively saying "he (Ashtosh) will be killed in 24 hours," the IO said, adding, there has been no call for ransom yet.
Mystery has shrouded this case as Ashutosh had earlier told his friend that he was abducted seven years ago by some miscreants from Bihar but was freed four days later on Nepal border, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore