`Ensure disabled-friendly public buildings`
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday directed officials concerned to ensure facilities for differently-abled in all public building across the state.
For this purpose, the government would take a loan of Rs 115 crore from Housing and Urban Development Corporation, an official said here.
The facilities included lift, ramp and disabled-friendly toilets among others in all government buildings at sub-division, district and division level, he said.
Gehlot also approved an additional budget of Rs 11 crore for CM`s free medicine distribution scheme, the official said.
The Chief Minister directed officials to fix monthly targets to ensure time-bound implementation of budget announcements of social justice and empowerment department.
He asked them to study models of other states to set up old age homes as announced in the budget and gave instructions to effectively implement other schemes also.
Emphasizing on making the state beggars-free, the chief minister said a bill for rehabilitation of beggars has been moved in the legislative assembly.
Arrangement for rehabilitation of beggars would be done with the help of NGOs, Gehlot said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past