Ensure proper water, electricity supply: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday directed officials to ensure proper water and electricity supply in the state during the summer season.
Chairing a high-level review meeting, the chief minister directed district collectors to make sure that water supply is proper in remote areas, according to an official.
Gehlot also asked the officials of electricity department to prepare a long term plan to ensure proper supply of power in Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
"It was informed in the meeting that during the summer season, all kinds of arrangements for water supply are in place in both rural and urban areas of the state. At present, water supply is made through tankers in 50 cities, towns and 2,833 villages and hamlets. Besides, large number of hand-pumps has been repaired to make sure that water supply is adequate," the official said.
The state energy and public health engineering minister Jitendra Singh, Chief Secretary CK Mathew, Princial Secretary Finance Govind Sharma and other senior officials were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof