Ensure proper water, electricity supply: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday directed officials to ensure proper water and electricity supply in the state during the summer season.
Chairing a high-level review meeting, the chief minister directed district collectors to make sure that water supply is proper in remote areas, according to an official.
Gehlot also asked the officials of electricity department to prepare a long term plan to ensure proper supply of power in Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
"It was informed in the meeting that during the summer season, all kinds of arrangements for water supply are in place in both rural and urban areas of the state. At present, water supply is made through tankers in 50 cities, towns and 2,833 villages and hamlets. Besides, large number of hand-pumps has been repaired to make sure that water supply is adequate," the official said.
The state energy and public health engineering minister Jitendra Singh, Chief Secretary CK Mathew, Princial Secretary Finance Govind Sharma and other senior officials were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000