Ensure proper water, electricity supply: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday directed officials to ensure proper water and electricity supply in the state during the summer season.
Chairing a high-level review meeting, the chief minister directed district collectors to make sure that water supply is proper in remote areas, according to an official.
Gehlot also asked the officials of electricity department to prepare a long term plan to ensure proper supply of power in Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
"It was informed in the meeting that during the summer season, all kinds of arrangements for water supply are in place in both rural and urban areas of the state. At present, water supply is made through tankers in 50 cities, towns and 2,833 villages and hamlets. Besides, large number of hand-pumps has been repaired to make sure that water supply is adequate," the official said.
The state energy and public health engineering minister Jitendra Singh, Chief Secretary CK Mathew, Princial Secretary Finance Govind Sharma and other senior officials were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets