Ensure proper water, electricity supply: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday directed officials to ensure proper water and electricity supply in the state during the summer season.
Chairing a high-level review meeting, the chief minister directed district collectors to make sure that water supply is proper in remote areas, according to an official.
Gehlot also asked the officials of electricity department to prepare a long term plan to ensure proper supply of power in Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
"It was informed in the meeting that during the summer season, all kinds of arrangements for water supply are in place in both rural and urban areas of the state. At present, water supply is made through tankers in 50 cities, towns and 2,833 villages and hamlets. Besides, large number of hand-pumps has been repaired to make sure that water supply is adequate," the official said.
The state energy and public health engineering minister Jitendra Singh, Chief Secretary CK Mathew, Princial Secretary Finance Govind Sharma and other senior officials were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city