EU Ambassador calls on Gehlot
Jaipur: Joao Cravinho, the head of a European Union delegation to India, on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here and reviewed the progress of an EU-funded project aimed at state-wide water sector reforms and improvement, an official spokesperson said.
During the meeting with Gehlot, Cravinho discussed the progress of the `State Partnership Programme`, a project related to water resource management in the state that will deal with enhanced water supply and groundwater recharge process.
Cravinho also had a meeting with the state chief secretary C K mathew during which he requested the EU Ambassador to extend the execution period of the programme by two year till 2015, the spokesperson said.
He also informed that the state government was willing to implement the programme in the remaining 22 districts of the state.
Presently, the programme is being executed in 11 districts of the state, including Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barmer, Bikaner and Nagaur, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail