EU Ambassador calls on Gehlot
Jaipur: Joao Cravinho, the head of a European Union delegation to India, on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here and reviewed the progress of an EU-funded project aimed at state-wide water sector reforms and improvement, an official spokesperson said.
During the meeting with Gehlot, Cravinho discussed the progress of the `State Partnership Programme`, a project related to water resource management in the state that will deal with enhanced water supply and groundwater recharge process.
Cravinho also had a meeting with the state chief secretary C K mathew during which he requested the EU Ambassador to extend the execution period of the programme by two year till 2015, the spokesperson said.
He also informed that the state government was willing to implement the programme in the remaining 22 districts of the state.
Presently, the programme is being executed in 11 districts of the state, including Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barmer, Bikaner and Nagaur, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!