EU Ambassador calls on Gehlot
Jaipur: Joao Cravinho, the head of a European Union delegation to India, on Tuesday called on Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot here and reviewed the progress of an EU-funded project aimed at state-wide water sector reforms and improvement, an official spokesperson said.
During the meeting with Gehlot, Cravinho discussed the progress of the `State Partnership Programme`, a project related to water resource management in the state that will deal with enhanced water supply and groundwater recharge process.
Cravinho also had a meeting with the state chief secretary C K mathew during which he requested the EU Ambassador to extend the execution period of the programme by two year till 2015, the spokesperson said.
He also informed that the state government was willing to implement the programme in the remaining 22 districts of the state.
Presently, the programme is being executed in 11 districts of the state, including Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Barmer, Bikaner and Nagaur, the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown