Eve teasing in Rajasthan university campus
Jaipur: A girl, student of LLB first year,
was allegedly eve teased and manhandled by some unruly boys in
Rajasthan University campus when she was returning to her
hostel after writing an exam.
The university administration today appointed a
three-member committee headed by J J Malik to probe the
incident which took place yesterday, the university sources
Based on the girl`s complaint, the police has also lodged
an FIR against unknown persons under sections 354, 323, 504 of
IPC with Gandhi Nagar police station, but the accused could
not be arrested so far.
She was returning to her hostel when the accused
allegedly eve teased and manhandled her at the Law college
campus in the day-time yesterday.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan University Women`s Association
(RUWA) condemned the incidence and issued appeal to the
university administration that it should create a safe
environment for free movement of girl students within the
RUWA`s president Malti Gupta said that to protest the
incidence, an awareness rally will be taken out outside the
campus of the University Law College tomorrow.
"We have called upon all the students, teachers and
other employees of the University of Rajasthan and affiliated
colleges and other women organisations to support the rally,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province