Eve teasing in Rajasthan university campus
Jaipur: A girl, student of LLB first year,
was allegedly eve teased and manhandled by some unruly boys in
Rajasthan University campus when she was returning to her
hostel after writing an exam.
The university administration today appointed a
three-member committee headed by J J Malik to probe the
incident which took place yesterday, the university sources
Based on the girl`s complaint, the police has also lodged
an FIR against unknown persons under sections 354, 323, 504 of
IPC with Gandhi Nagar police station, but the accused could
not be arrested so far.
She was returning to her hostel when the accused
allegedly eve teased and manhandled her at the Law college
campus in the day-time yesterday.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan University Women`s Association
(RUWA) condemned the incidence and issued appeal to the
university administration that it should create a safe
environment for free movement of girl students within the
RUWA`s president Malti Gupta said that to protest the
incidence, an awareness rally will be taken out outside the
campus of the University Law College tomorrow.
"We have called upon all the students, teachers and
other employees of the University of Rajasthan and affiliated
colleges and other women organisations to support the rally,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report