Eve teasing in Rajasthan university campus
Jaipur: A girl, student of LLB first year,
was allegedly eve teased and manhandled by some unruly boys in
Rajasthan University campus when she was returning to her
hostel after writing an exam.
The university administration today appointed a
three-member committee headed by J J Malik to probe the
incident which took place yesterday, the university sources
Based on the girl`s complaint, the police has also lodged
an FIR against unknown persons under sections 354, 323, 504 of
IPC with Gandhi Nagar police station, but the accused could
not be arrested so far.
She was returning to her hostel when the accused
allegedly eve teased and manhandled her at the Law college
campus in the day-time yesterday.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan University Women`s Association
(RUWA) condemned the incidence and issued appeal to the
university administration that it should create a safe
environment for free movement of girl students within the
RUWA`s president Malti Gupta said that to protest the
incidence, an awareness rally will be taken out outside the
campus of the University Law College tomorrow.
"We have called upon all the students, teachers and
other employees of the University of Rajasthan and affiliated
colleges and other women organisations to support the rally,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll