Eve teasing in Rajasthan university campus
Jaipur: A girl, student of LLB first year,
was allegedly eve teased and manhandled by some unruly boys in
Rajasthan University campus when she was returning to her
hostel after writing an exam.
The university administration today appointed a
three-member committee headed by J J Malik to probe the
incident which took place yesterday, the university sources
Based on the girl`s complaint, the police has also lodged
an FIR against unknown persons under sections 354, 323, 504 of
IPC with Gandhi Nagar police station, but the accused could
not be arrested so far.
She was returning to her hostel when the accused
allegedly eve teased and manhandled her at the Law college
campus in the day-time yesterday.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan University Women`s Association
(RUWA) condemned the incidence and issued appeal to the
university administration that it should create a safe
environment for free movement of girl students within the
RUWA`s president Malti Gupta said that to protest the
incidence, an awareness rally will be taken out outside the
campus of the University Law College tomorrow.
"We have called upon all the students, teachers and
other employees of the University of Rajasthan and affiliated
colleges and other women organisations to support the rally,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail