Ex-state, Centre govt differences delayed highway project: Rajasthan Minister
Jaipur: Political "differences" between Congress leaders from the state and the Centre during the previous Union government has caused the delay in completion of the six-lane Jaipur-Delhi highway, a Rajasthan minister has alleged.
Rajasthan PWD Minister Yunus Khan today told the House that the condition of the highway "has become a `nasoor` (major problem) for entire country and people who travel on this highway".
"A tug-of-war between the former Congress chief minister and Union Road Transport minister and their political differences caused delay in completion of the six lane Jaipur-Delhi highway," Khan said.
Without naming anyone, Khan apparently made a reference to former CMAshok Gehlot and the then Union Road Transport Minister, CP Joshi.
Replying to Congress MLA Rajendra Yadav who raised this issue during the Zero Hour, Khan, without naming anyone said, former CM and Union Minister wanted to take credit for the completion of the six-lane highway, which is the main reason for its delay in last tenure, Khan alleged.
A report on the highway`s worsening situation would be sent to the Union government.
On the matter of a bypass bridge at Kotputali which was stuck due to cracks, the PWD Minister said Rajasthan would send a factual report to the Centre after a high-level delegation`s visit to the NH-8 in next one week.
Despite the Congress having the government at the Centre and in the state, the land acquisition work was not completed by the former Gehlot government, he claimed.
Though there was enough land that could be acquired by the previous government, but it was not executed, Khan further alleged.
Due to delay in civil works, its cost was estimated at Rs 1800 cr but now it was increased to Rs 3,000 cr, PWD Minister said.
Opposition Congress members strongly made resentment on the minister`s statement saying it was not right.
Congress` chief whip Govind Singh Dotasar countered the allegation saying, "Every one knows the differences between Rajasthan CM and the PM. This is probably the reason Raje cabinet could not be expanded".
On another issue raised during the Zero Hour, Rajasthan Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister, G C Kataria assured the House the state government would conduct an investigation on?hotels set up in last four to five years on National Highway-14, and any illegal activity if found would be dealt with seriously.
He further assured that there was enough and competent patrolling on the national highways and four equipped vehicles were on their jobs round the clock.
The investigation report to be done would be placed in the respective police stations on the highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM