Explain steps against noise pollution: HC to Admn, municipality
Jaipur: Rajasthan High Court on Thursday asked
the local administration and city municipal corporation to
explain the measures taken to curb noise pollution, including
action in cases of complaints.
A division bench of the court comprising Chief Justice
Jagdish Bhall and Justice M N Bhandari sought explanations
from the Chief Executive Officer of the council and Additional
District Magistrate (City) in person on the steps taken to
curb noise pollution.
The move came on a petition filed in 2008 by Pramod
Narayan Mathur who alleged that state authorities do not take
action against those violating the norms fixed by the Supreme
Court in the matter.
The apex court had in 2005 laid down various
guidelines regarding the use of loudspeakers and loud music
systems at late night parties among others.
The High Court was not satisfied with the replies of
the state authorities in the matter and the Bench directed the
two officials to appear before it in person on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!