Explain steps against noise pollution: HC to Admn, municipality
Jaipur: Rajasthan High Court on Thursday asked
the local administration and city municipal corporation to
explain the measures taken to curb noise pollution, including
action in cases of complaints.
A division bench of the court comprising Chief Justice
Jagdish Bhall and Justice M N Bhandari sought explanations
from the Chief Executive Officer of the council and Additional
District Magistrate (City) in person on the steps taken to
curb noise pollution.
The move came on a petition filed in 2008 by Pramod
Narayan Mathur who alleged that state authorities do not take
action against those violating the norms fixed by the Supreme
Court in the matter.
The apex court had in 2005 laid down various
guidelines regarding the use of loudspeakers and loud music
systems at late night parties among others.
The High Court was not satisfied with the replies of
the state authorities in the matter and the Bench directed the
two officials to appear before it in person on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017