Explain steps against noise pollution: HC to Admn, municipality
Jaipur: Rajasthan High Court on Thursday asked
the local administration and city municipal corporation to
explain the measures taken to curb noise pollution, including
action in cases of complaints.
A division bench of the court comprising Chief Justice
Jagdish Bhall and Justice M N Bhandari sought explanations
from the Chief Executive Officer of the council and Additional
District Magistrate (City) in person on the steps taken to
curb noise pollution.
The move came on a petition filed in 2008 by Pramod
Narayan Mathur who alleged that state authorities do not take
action against those violating the norms fixed by the Supreme
Court in the matter.
The apex court had in 2005 laid down various
guidelines regarding the use of loudspeakers and loud music
systems at late night parties among others.
The High Court was not satisfied with the replies of
the state authorities in the matter and the Bench directed the
two officials to appear before it in person on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29