Fake currency seized in Rajashan
Jaipur: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 13.85 lakh was seized and two persons held in this connection in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, police said here today.
Acting on a tip off, a team of special operation group of the state police arrested Taiyab and Mubarak from Pahadi area in Bharatpur and recovered the counterfeit notes, in the denomination of 500 and 1,000, yesterday, they said.
The accused were brought to Jaipur for interrogation and it is suspected that the fake currency was brought here from Pakistan, the SOG sources said.
Further probes are on into the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'