Fake currency seized in Rajashan
Jaipur: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 13.85 lakh was seized and two persons held in this connection in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, police said here today.
Acting on a tip off, a team of special operation group of the state police arrested Taiyab and Mubarak from Pahadi area in Bharatpur and recovered the counterfeit notes, in the denomination of 500 and 1,000, yesterday, they said.
The accused were brought to Jaipur for interrogation and it is suspected that the fake currency was brought here from Pakistan, the SOG sources said.
Further probes are on into the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH