Fake currency seized in Rajashan
Jaipur: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 13.85 lakh was seized and two persons held in this connection in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, police said here today.
Acting on a tip off, a team of special operation group of the state police arrested Taiyab and Mubarak from Pahadi area in Bharatpur and recovered the counterfeit notes, in the denomination of 500 and 1,000, yesterday, they said.
The accused were brought to Jaipur for interrogation and it is suspected that the fake currency was brought here from Pakistan, the SOG sources said.
Further probes are on into the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam