Fake currency seized in Rajashan
Jaipur: Fake currency with a face value of Rs 13.85 lakh was seized and two persons held in this connection in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, police said here today.
Acting on a tip off, a team of special operation group of the state police arrested Taiyab and Mubarak from Pahadi area in Bharatpur and recovered the counterfeit notes, in the denomination of 500 and 1,000, yesterday, they said.
The accused were brought to Jaipur for interrogation and it is suspected that the fake currency was brought here from Pakistan, the SOG sources said.
Further probes are on into the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what