Father beheads daughter in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Enraged over his daughter`s alleged relations with men, a father allegedly beheaded the married woman with a sword and flaunted the head in the village before surrendering himself to police in Rajasamand district.
Manju (20) was married three years back. She was not living with her husband and allegedly had illicit relations with other men, police said today.
She was caught with a man only a few days back. Her father Ogad was disturbed with her activities.
Last evening, Ogad beheaded Manju in Dungerji Ka Guda village in Charbhuja area of the district when both of them were alone at home.
He then walked outside the home with the severed head in one hand and the bloodstained sword in the other, and surrendered at the Gomti police outpost under Kelva police station.
The man was arrested and the body shifted to a local hospital for postmortem, the police added.
In another incident in Hanumangarh district, an alcoholic man repeatedly banged his two-year-old daughter against the ground following heated arguments with his wife on Friday night.
He also buried the body which was later exhumed by the police yesterday after the victim`s mother`s complaint.
The culprit Dheelaram is absconding, the police said, adding, that the matter was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price