Father beheads daughter in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Enraged over his daughter`s alleged relations with men, a father allegedly beheaded the married woman with a sword and flaunted the head in the village before surrendering himself to police in Rajasamand district.
Manju (20) was married three years back. She was not living with her husband and allegedly had illicit relations with other men, police said today.
She was caught with a man only a few days back. Her father Ogad was disturbed with her activities.
Last evening, Ogad beheaded Manju in Dungerji Ka Guda village in Charbhuja area of the district when both of them were alone at home.
He then walked outside the home with the severed head in one hand and the bloodstained sword in the other, and surrendered at the Gomti police outpost under Kelva police station.
The man was arrested and the body shifted to a local hospital for postmortem, the police added.
In another incident in Hanumangarh district, an alcoholic man repeatedly banged his two-year-old daughter against the ground following heated arguments with his wife on Friday night.
He also buried the body which was later exhumed by the police yesterday after the victim`s mother`s complaint.
The culprit Dheelaram is absconding, the police said, adding, that the matter was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today