Father beheads daughter in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Enraged over his daughter`s alleged relations with men, a father allegedly beheaded the married woman with a sword and flaunted the head in the village before surrendering himself to police in Rajasamand district.
Manju (20) was married three years back. She was not living with her husband and allegedly had illicit relations with other men, police said today.
She was caught with a man only a few days back. Her father Ogad was disturbed with her activities.
Last evening, Ogad beheaded Manju in Dungerji Ka Guda village in Charbhuja area of the district when both of them were alone at home.
He then walked outside the home with the severed head in one hand and the bloodstained sword in the other, and surrendered at the Gomti police outpost under Kelva police station.
The man was arrested and the body shifted to a local hospital for postmortem, the police added.
In another incident in Hanumangarh district, an alcoholic man repeatedly banged his two-year-old daughter against the ground following heated arguments with his wife on Friday night.
He also buried the body which was later exhumed by the police yesterday after the victim`s mother`s complaint.
The culprit Dheelaram is absconding, the police said, adding, that the matter was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report