Father bites off daughter`s nose, lip, cheek in a fit of rage
Bikaner (Rajasthan): A 36-year old man allegedly bit his 5-month old daughter`s nose, lip and cheek in a fit of rage in the district last week, police said.
Bahadur Singh was drunk when he reached his house at Siyana village on Thursday night and had a spat with his wife Santosh over some domestic issue, said Anil Kumar Bishnoi, SHO of Kolayat police station.
During the quarrel, he beat up his 3-year old daughter Bhanwari and then bit his younger daughter Radha’s upper lip, nose and cheek in a fit of anger, he said.
Neighbors came to the rescue of the baby who was taken to a hospital and doctors there referred her to Sawai Man Singh government hospital in Jaipur where medical experts suggested plastic surgery for the baby`s face, the police official said.
However, on her mother’s wish, she was taken back to the PBM government hospital in Bikaner yesterday.
The father was arrested on Friday and is currently under judicial custody, police said adding he has been booked under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt through dangerous weapons or means) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of IPC.
Meanwhile, district administration sources said the state medical and health department has sought details of the baby and the incident from the district collector and the girl would be provided free treatment facilities by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate