FDI in retail sector to have negative impact on traders: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Monday said that foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail sector would cast "adverse" impact on small scale traders in the country and the UPA government would be sole responsible for this.
"Policies and decision of UPA government are not in the interest of people and traders. The central government wants to replace age-old system with new arrangements which is not in the interest of people," former MP and veteran leader Ramdas Agrawal said while addressing a meeting of traders here.
BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the FDI in retail would have a "negative" impact on lakhs of local traders and would disturb them economically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy