FDI in retail sector to have negative impact on traders: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Monday said that foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail sector would cast "adverse" impact on small scale traders in the country and the UPA government would be sole responsible for this.
"Policies and decision of UPA government are not in the interest of people and traders. The central government wants to replace age-old system with new arrangements which is not in the interest of people," former MP and veteran leader Ramdas Agrawal said while addressing a meeting of traders here.
BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the FDI in retail would have a "negative" impact on lakhs of local traders and would disturb them economically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt