FDI in retail sector to have negative impact on traders: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Monday said that foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail sector would cast "adverse" impact on small scale traders in the country and the UPA government would be sole responsible for this.
"Policies and decision of UPA government are not in the interest of people and traders. The central government wants to replace age-old system with new arrangements which is not in the interest of people," former MP and veteran leader Ramdas Agrawal said while addressing a meeting of traders here.
BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said that the FDI in retail would have a "negative" impact on lakhs of local traders and would disturb them economically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years