File case against Ramdev: Rajasthan court to police
Jodhpur: A court here in Rajasthan Saturday ordered police to file a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his alleged remarks against Dalits, a lawyer said.
A man named Vijay Rao recently filed a complaint in the court of a metropolitan magistrate against Ramdev.
"The court Saturday asked police to initiate an inquiry against Ramdev," said Vijay`s lawyer MA Rao.
In the complaint, Rao said he was deeply hurt by the derogatory remarks made by the yoga guru against Dalits.
The court asked police to register a case under sections of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and other relevant laws.
Ramdev had recently said Rahul Gandhi visits houses of Dalits for "honeymoon and picnic". He later apologised and said he was misinterpreted.
A case had already been registered against Ramdev in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media