File case against Ramdev: Rajasthan court to police
Jodhpur: A court here in Rajasthan Saturday ordered police to file a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his alleged remarks against Dalits, a lawyer said.
A man named Vijay Rao recently filed a complaint in the court of a metropolitan magistrate against Ramdev.
"The court Saturday asked police to initiate an inquiry against Ramdev," said Vijay`s lawyer MA Rao.
In the complaint, Rao said he was deeply hurt by the derogatory remarks made by the yoga guru against Dalits.
The court asked police to register a case under sections of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and other relevant laws.
Ramdev had recently said Rahul Gandhi visits houses of Dalits for "honeymoon and picnic". He later apologised and said he was misinterpreted.
A case had already been registered against Ramdev in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda