File case against Ramdev: Rajasthan court to police
Jodhpur: A court here in Rajasthan Saturday ordered police to file a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his alleged remarks against Dalits, a lawyer said.
A man named Vijay Rao recently filed a complaint in the court of a metropolitan magistrate against Ramdev.
"The court Saturday asked police to initiate an inquiry against Ramdev," said Vijay`s lawyer MA Rao.
In the complaint, Rao said he was deeply hurt by the derogatory remarks made by the yoga guru against Dalits.
The court asked police to register a case under sections of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and other relevant laws.
Ramdev had recently said Rahul Gandhi visits houses of Dalits for "honeymoon and picnic". He later apologised and said he was misinterpreted.
A case had already been registered against Ramdev in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32