File case against Ramdev: Rajasthan court to police
Jodhpur: A court here in Rajasthan Saturday ordered police to file a case against yoga guru Baba Ramdev for his alleged remarks against Dalits, a lawyer said.
A man named Vijay Rao recently filed a complaint in the court of a metropolitan magistrate against Ramdev.
"The court Saturday asked police to initiate an inquiry against Ramdev," said Vijay`s lawyer MA Rao.
In the complaint, Rao said he was deeply hurt by the derogatory remarks made by the yoga guru against Dalits.
The court asked police to register a case under sections of the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and other relevant laws.
Ramdev had recently said Rahul Gandhi visits houses of Dalits for "honeymoon and picnic". He later apologised and said he was misinterpreted.
A case had already been registered against Ramdev in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range