FIR against two CBI officers in Jaipur
Jaipur: Two CBI officers have been booked here for allegedly torturing a police sub-inspector in their
custody, police said Friday.
The FIR was lodged against CBI SP R S Poonia and inspector Subhash Kundu following the directives of a local court.
The FIR was lodged last night with Ashok Nagar police station under various sections of IPC, they said.
The court had issued direction on a complaint filed by sub-inspector Satyanarayan Godara, who was arrested last month by the CBI along with three other policemen for their involvement in the alleged fake encounter of a notorious criminal Dara Singh here.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
The CBI had arrested inspector Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, SI Godara, and ASI Surendra Singh last month who were the members of a state SOG team, who gunned down Dara here on
the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006.
The accused police officers are presently in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP