FIR against two CBI officers in Jaipur
Jaipur: Two CBI officers have been booked here for allegedly torturing a police sub-inspector in their
custody, police said Friday.
The FIR was lodged against CBI SP R S Poonia and inspector Subhash Kundu following the directives of a local court.
The FIR was lodged last night with Ashok Nagar police station under various sections of IPC, they said.
The court had issued direction on a complaint filed by sub-inspector Satyanarayan Godara, who was arrested last month by the CBI along with three other policemen for their involvement in the alleged fake encounter of a notorious criminal Dara Singh here.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
The CBI had arrested inspector Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, SI Godara, and ASI Surendra Singh last month who were the members of a state SOG team, who gunned down Dara here on
the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006.
The accused police officers are presently in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video