FIR against two CBI officers in Jaipur
Jaipur: Two CBI officers have been booked here for allegedly torturing a police sub-inspector in their
custody, police said Friday.
The FIR was lodged against CBI SP R S Poonia and inspector Subhash Kundu following the directives of a local court.
The FIR was lodged last night with Ashok Nagar police station under various sections of IPC, they said.
The court had issued direction on a complaint filed by sub-inspector Satyanarayan Godara, who was arrested last month by the CBI along with three other policemen for their involvement in the alleged fake encounter of a notorious criminal Dara Singh here.
The case was handed over to the CBI last year following a Supreme Court order.
The CBI had arrested inspector Nisar Khan and Naresh Sharma, SI Godara, and ASI Surendra Singh last month who were the members of a state SOG team, who gunned down Dara here on
the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006.
The accused police officers are presently in judicial custody.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures