FIR on `derogatory` comments against Mahatma Gandhi
Jaipur: A man was booked for allegedly posting derogatory comments on Mahatma Gandhi on social networking site Facebook.
The FIR was lodged against Datar Singh Rathore hailing from Merta city in Nagaur district, who is currently staying in Gandhi Dham of Gujarat, by a local resident Vinayak Sharma last night, police said.
In the FIR lodged with Shipra Path police station here, Sharma alleged that he had posted a photo of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 and Rathore made derogatory and objectionable comments on it.
The case was registered under section 153 (B) (Assertions prejudicial to national-integration), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and 66A (sending offensive and false messages) of IT act, they said, adding, that the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre