FIR on `derogatory` comments against Mahatma Gandhi
Jaipur: A man was booked for allegedly posting derogatory comments on Mahatma Gandhi on social networking site Facebook.
The FIR was lodged against Datar Singh Rathore hailing from Merta city in Nagaur district, who is currently staying in Gandhi Dham of Gujarat, by a local resident Vinayak Sharma last night, police said.
In the FIR lodged with Shipra Path police station here, Sharma alleged that he had posted a photo of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 and Rathore made derogatory and objectionable comments on it.
The case was registered under section 153 (B) (Assertions prejudicial to national-integration), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and 66A (sending offensive and false messages) of IT act, they said, adding, that the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New Chief Justice of Patna HC sworn in
- India in West Indies: With Lokesh Rahul waiting in wings, Cheteshwar Pujara needs to rediscover form
- 'Sultan' Box Office collections: Rs 300 cr does not seem far for Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma starrer
- Must watch – What would happen if an asteroid hit the Earth today!
- Two police officers injured in US shooting, suspect nabbed