FIR on `derogatory` comments against Mahatma Gandhi
Jaipur: A man was booked for allegedly posting derogatory comments on Mahatma Gandhi on social networking site Facebook.
The FIR was lodged against Datar Singh Rathore hailing from Merta city in Nagaur district, who is currently staying in Gandhi Dham of Gujarat, by a local resident Vinayak Sharma last night, police said.
In the FIR lodged with Shipra Path police station here, Sharma alleged that he had posted a photo of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 and Rathore made derogatory and objectionable comments on it.
The case was registered under section 153 (B) (Assertions prejudicial to national-integration), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and 66A (sending offensive and false messages) of IT act, they said, adding, that the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile