FIR on `derogatory` comments against Mahatma Gandhi
Jaipur: A man was booked for allegedly posting derogatory comments on Mahatma Gandhi on social networking site Facebook.
The FIR was lodged against Datar Singh Rathore hailing from Merta city in Nagaur district, who is currently staying in Gandhi Dham of Gujarat, by a local resident Vinayak Sharma last night, police said.
In the FIR lodged with Shipra Path police station here, Sharma alleged that he had posted a photo of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 and Rathore made derogatory and objectionable comments on it.
The case was registered under section 153 (B) (Assertions prejudicial to national-integration), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and 66A (sending offensive and false messages) of IT act, they said, adding, that the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees