FIR on `derogatory` comments against Mahatma Gandhi
Jaipur: A man was booked for allegedly posting derogatory comments on Mahatma Gandhi on social networking site Facebook.
The FIR was lodged against Datar Singh Rathore hailing from Merta city in Nagaur district, who is currently staying in Gandhi Dham of Gujarat, by a local resident Vinayak Sharma last night, police said.
In the FIR lodged with Shipra Path police station here, Sharma alleged that he had posted a photo of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2 and Rathore made derogatory and objectionable comments on it.
The case was registered under section 153 (B) (Assertions prejudicial to national-integration), 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) of IPC and 66A (sending offensive and false messages) of IT act, they said, adding, that the matter is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH