Five arrested; 1,200 litres liquor seized in Rajasthan
Bundi (Raj): Five persons were arrested this morning and 1,200 litres of illicit country made liquor was recovered from them in Shankerpura Kanjar colony under Dablana police station area of the district here, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a raid was conducted in Shankerpura Kanjar colony this morning and 1,200 litres of country made liquor was seized and destroyed, Station House Officer Rohit Meena said.
At least 12 furnaces, meant to prepare liquor were also demolished during the raid, he said.
The locals protested the raid and started pelting stones at the police team, the SHO said, adding that two policemen received minor injuries in the incident.
A case was lodged against the five persons under various sections of the IPC in this connection, Meena said, adding that the accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...