Five cops, three others injured in clash in Phagi town
Jaipur: An internal fight among cops became a law and order problem in Phagi town here after locals intervened, causing clash between police and villagers in which eight persons including five officials were injured.
The trouble began when Kaliram, an SHO of Phagi police station who is under transfer to Dausa, in an inebriated state got into an altercation with some police officials in the wee hours today, the SP said.
Following the scuffle, Kaliram, who was beaten up, along with hundreds of villagers led by one Sitaram, former Sarpanch of Phagi, gathered outside the police station.
Eight persons, including five cops, were injured when police tried to disperse the crowd, the Superintendent of Police (Rural) Sanjay Shrotriya told PTI here.
Three sub-inspectors, one constable and a driver have been sent for medical examinations, he said.
It was initially an internal quarrel among cops, but later the villagers intervened causing a law and order problem," the SP said.
Following the incident, the locals have started a `dharna` outside Phagi police station, demanding the cops who indulged in the scuffle to apologize.
Extra police force has been deployed around Phagi police station as a precautionary measure, the SP who is camping around the troubled area said.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan is raising a security force to protect Chinese nationals
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit