Five injured in stone pelting in Rajasthan
Jaipur: At least five persons, including four cops, were on Monday injured when a group of protesters, demanding CBI probe into the death of a man in a road mishap last year in Sangaria, pelted stones at them after the force resorted to lathi-charge to disperse the crowd.
The protesters, led by two daughters of the deceased Lokesh Soni, who died in the mishap in April last year, staged a road blockade on the Hanumangarh-Sangaria national highway and demanded a CBI probe into the incident, SP, Hanumangarh Kunwar Rashtradeep said.
Police officials, who immediately rushed to the spot, resorted to mild lathi-charge to disperse them. In protest, the protesters pelted stones at them, injuring four police personnel, which also included a circle inspector, he added.
Meanwhile, the administration officials assured the protesters that their demand would be conveyed to the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan