Five injured in stone pelting in Rajasthan
Jaipur: At least five persons, including four cops, were on Monday injured when a group of protesters, demanding CBI probe into the death of a man in a road mishap last year in Sangaria, pelted stones at them after the force resorted to lathi-charge to disperse the crowd.
The protesters, led by two daughters of the deceased Lokesh Soni, who died in the mishap in April last year, staged a road blockade on the Hanumangarh-Sangaria national highway and demanded a CBI probe into the incident, SP, Hanumangarh Kunwar Rashtradeep said.
Police officials, who immediately rushed to the spot, resorted to mild lathi-charge to disperse them. In protest, the protesters pelted stones at them, injuring four police personnel, which also included a circle inspector, he added.
Meanwhile, the administration officials assured the protesters that their demand would be conveyed to the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video