Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Five men were killed and 20 injured in Rajasthan on Thursday when the truck in which they were travelling overturned, police said.
The mishap occurred at Khera village in Barana district, some 300 km from here.
"The truck was carrying about 50 labourers from Madhya Pradesh who were returning home after working in agriculture farms in the adjoining area in Rajasthan Wednesday night," a police officer said.
He added that during preliminary investigation, it has come up that the overspeeding truck overturned due to potholes on the road.
"Several labourers got stuck under the truck. Five of them were killed on the spot, while others were rushed to a nearby hospital. Of them, 25 are still admitted," said the officer.
The truck driver, jumped from the vehicle before it overturned and fled.
An FIR has been registered against the driver for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'