Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Five men were killed and 20 injured in Rajasthan on Thursday when the truck in which they were travelling overturned, police said.
The mishap occurred at Khera village in Barana district, some 300 km from here.
"The truck was carrying about 50 labourers from Madhya Pradesh who were returning home after working in agriculture farms in the adjoining area in Rajasthan Wednesday night," a police officer said.
He added that during preliminary investigation, it has come up that the overspeeding truck overturned due to potholes on the road.
"Several labourers got stuck under the truck. Five of them were killed on the spot, while others were rushed to a nearby hospital. Of them, 25 are still admitted," said the officer.
The truck driver, jumped from the vehicle before it overturned and fled.
An FIR has been registered against the driver for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet