Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Five men were killed and 20 injured in Rajasthan on Thursday when the truck in which they were travelling overturned, police said.
The mishap occurred at Khera village in Barana district, some 300 km from here.
"The truck was carrying about 50 labourers from Madhya Pradesh who were returning home after working in agriculture farms in the adjoining area in Rajasthan Wednesday night," a police officer said.
He added that during preliminary investigation, it has come up that the overspeeding truck overturned due to potholes on the road.
"Several labourers got stuck under the truck. Five of them were killed on the spot, while others were rushed to a nearby hospital. Of them, 25 are still admitted," said the officer.
The truck driver, jumped from the vehicle before it overturned and fled.
An FIR has been registered against the driver for rash and negligent driving.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why