Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Five men were killed and 20 injured in Rajasthan on Thursday when the truck in which they were travelling overturned, police said.
The mishap occurred at Khera village in Barana district, some 300 km from here.
"The truck was carrying about 50 labourers from Madhya Pradesh who were returning home after working in agriculture farms in the adjoining area in Rajasthan Wednesday night," a police officer said.
He added that during preliminary investigation, it has come up that the overspeeding truck overturned due to potholes on the road.
"Several labourers got stuck under the truck. Five of them were killed on the spot, while others were rushed to a nearby hospital. Of them, 25 are still admitted," said the officer.
The truck driver, jumped from the vehicle before it overturned and fled.
An FIR has been registered against the driver for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan