Five lakh pilgrims to visit Ajmer dargah on Urs
Ajmer: More than five lakh pilgrims,
including 500 from Pakistan, are expected to participate in
the 798th Urs of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty.
Rituals will start in Ajmer Dargah from tonight for
the occasion which is set to begin from tomorrow.
Collector & District Magistrate Ajmer Rajesh Yaday
told PTI that more than five lakh pilgrims will participate in
the six-day event, marking the death anniversary of the Sufi
District administration has made arrangements for the
pilgrims arriving here to pay their homage at the dargah.
Water-proof tents, tanks, temporary toilets and medical
dispensaries have been set up for the devout.
Superintendent of Police (Ajmer) H P Sharma said
around 3,500 policemen will be deployed for security. The city
has been divided into eight sectors, which will be under the
charge of senior officers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray