Five passengers injured as Rajasthan bus catches fire
Jaipur: At least five passengers were on Monday injured when a Rajasthan Roadways bus caught fire after coming in contact with a high-tension electric wire at Paniyala near Behror town in Alwar district, police said.
Over forty other passengers managed to come out of the bus unhurt before it went up in flames, they said.
The injured were admitted to a hospital in Behror and are undergoing treatment, police said.
Nearly 50 people including the driver and conductor of the bus were on board when the incident took place.
The bus came in contact with the live wire when the driver was trying to move the vehicle on a side lane to avoid the traffic jam on the main road.
Both police and the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation is probing into the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information