Five passengers injured as Rajasthan bus catches fire
Jaipur: At least five passengers were on Monday injured when a Rajasthan Roadways bus caught fire after coming in contact with a high-tension electric wire at Paniyala near Behror town in Alwar district, police said.
Over forty other passengers managed to come out of the bus unhurt before it went up in flames, they said.
The injured were admitted to a hospital in Behror and are undergoing treatment, police said.
Nearly 50 people including the driver and conductor of the bus were on board when the incident took place.
The bus came in contact with the live wire when the driver was trying to move the vehicle on a side lane to avoid the traffic jam on the main road.
Both police and the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation is probing into the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere