Five persons stuck on Rajasthan island rescued
Jaipur: Five persons, stuck on a small island in Parvati river in Kota district following flash floods, were on Monday airlifted by the Army.
Lakhan (22), Khemraj (21), Bhima (9) Dhiraj (12) and Rakesh (14) had gone to the island last evening in Ayana village when the level of water was low.
The flow of water, however, increased following heavy rainfall and they could not return and stayed there, police said, adding that they were rescued today.
"Water level in the river was around 15-20 feet and the boys were stuck on a distance of close to 100 metres. Water flow was high, so we had forwarded a requisition to the Army for a helicopter. The rescue team airlifted them in the evening," SP Kota (Rural) Vikas Pathak said.
Earlier, one Army column from the South-Western Command was pressed into service for the rescue mission.
The village is situated some 100 kilometres from Kota city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning