Focus on mission to save girl child: Raj Minister
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today asked health officials to focus on a mission to save girl child and initiate steps to improve the child sex ratio in the state.
Chairing a meeting, Rajasthan Health Minister A A Khan laid emphasis on drawing a strategy for improving the child sex ratio and directed officials to proactively check the illegal practice of determination practices.
He asked the officials to conduct regular inspections at sonography centres to check sex determination.
Principal Secretary Medical and Health Deepak Upreti said that the department has forwarded a draft of the state girl child policy to Women and Child Development Department for its opinion.
NRHM Director Gayatri Rathore apprised the minister of initiatives taken to curb illegal practices and improve the child sex ratio.
Mobile vans were being operated in rural areas to create awareness among people for girl child, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi