Focus on mission to save girl child: Raj Minister
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today asked health officials to focus on a mission to save girl child and initiate steps to improve the child sex ratio in the state.
Chairing a meeting, Rajasthan Health Minister A A Khan laid emphasis on drawing a strategy for improving the child sex ratio and directed officials to proactively check the illegal practice of determination practices.
He asked the officials to conduct regular inspections at sonography centres to check sex determination.
Principal Secretary Medical and Health Deepak Upreti said that the department has forwarded a draft of the state girl child policy to Women and Child Development Department for its opinion.
NRHM Director Gayatri Rathore apprised the minister of initiatives taken to curb illegal practices and improve the child sex ratio.
Mobile vans were being operated in rural areas to create awareness among people for girl child, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui