Focus on mission to save girl child: Raj Minister
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today asked health officials to focus on a mission to save girl child and initiate steps to improve the child sex ratio in the state.
Chairing a meeting, Rajasthan Health Minister A A Khan laid emphasis on drawing a strategy for improving the child sex ratio and directed officials to proactively check the illegal practice of determination practices.
He asked the officials to conduct regular inspections at sonography centres to check sex determination.
Principal Secretary Medical and Health Deepak Upreti said that the department has forwarded a draft of the state girl child policy to Women and Child Development Department for its opinion.
NRHM Director Gayatri Rathore apprised the minister of initiatives taken to curb illegal practices and improve the child sex ratio.
Mobile vans were being operated in rural areas to create awareness among people for girl child, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read