Focus on mission to save girl child: Raj Minister
Jaipur: The Rajasthan government today asked health officials to focus on a mission to save girl child and initiate steps to improve the child sex ratio in the state.
Chairing a meeting, Rajasthan Health Minister A A Khan laid emphasis on drawing a strategy for improving the child sex ratio and directed officials to proactively check the illegal practice of determination practices.
He asked the officials to conduct regular inspections at sonography centres to check sex determination.
Principal Secretary Medical and Health Deepak Upreti said that the department has forwarded a draft of the state girl child policy to Women and Child Development Department for its opinion.
NRHM Director Gayatri Rathore apprised the minister of initiatives taken to curb illegal practices and improve the child sex ratio.
Mobile vans were being operated in rural areas to create awareness among people for girl child, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier