Former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak dies
Jaipur: A former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak died here Friday.
84-year-old Burdak, ill for some time and admitted to SMS hospital here, breathed his last past midnight, family sources said.
Burdak, a six-time MLA, was a cabinet minister in Ashok Gehlot government and had contested the recently held Assembly elections but was defeated by BJP candidate Manohar Singh.
His last rites will be performed at his ancestral village Bharnawa in Ladnu town in Nagaur district later in the day.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot have expressed grief over the death of Burdak.
Raje and Gehlot in their separate statements said that services of Burdak in the field of agriculture and as a minister would always be remembered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?