Former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak dies
Jaipur: A former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak died here Friday.
84-year-old Burdak, ill for some time and admitted to SMS hospital here, breathed his last past midnight, family sources said.
Burdak, a six-time MLA, was a cabinet minister in Ashok Gehlot government and had contested the recently held Assembly elections but was defeated by BJP candidate Manohar Singh.
His last rites will be performed at his ancestral village Bharnawa in Ladnu town in Nagaur district later in the day.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot have expressed grief over the death of Burdak.
Raje and Gehlot in their separate statements said that services of Burdak in the field of agriculture and as a minister would always be remembered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan