Former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak dies
Jaipur: A former Rajasthan Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak died here Friday.
84-year-old Burdak, ill for some time and admitted to SMS hospital here, breathed his last past midnight, family sources said.
Burdak, a six-time MLA, was a cabinet minister in Ashok Gehlot government and had contested the recently held Assembly elections but was defeated by BJP candidate Manohar Singh.
His last rites will be performed at his ancestral village Bharnawa in Ladnu town in Nagaur district later in the day.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot have expressed grief over the death of Burdak.
Raje and Gehlot in their separate statements said that services of Burdak in the field of agriculture and as a minister would always be remembered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional