Former sewadar of Asaram`s ashram records statement in court
Jodhpur: The police on Wednesday recorded the statement of a former sewadar of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, facing the charge of sexual assault of girls, before a court here.
Ajay Kumar from Haryana, who had been the sewadar of Asaram at his Motera Ashram at Ahmedabad since 1995 and fled from there long back, recorded his statements in the Additional Chief Judicial Metropolitan court.
He claimed in his statement that "there was continuous and hidden movement of girls" in the huts of the ashram at night.
He also said a cook and an attendant died unnatural deaths.
He said he left the ashram after seeing the "immoral and criminal activities".
"When I learnt about the case in Jodhpur, I thought it to be a duty of mine to help the police and save the innocent people from the mythical realm of Asaram", he said.
Ajay Kumar has also sought security from the court.
A police official said the statement of Kumar will help in strengthening their case against Asaram.
"We are also collecting the details of the recently lodged cases against Asaram in Surat", he said.
On the other hand, the arguments on the bail applications of Shilpi and Shiva, co accused in the case and under judicial custody now, took place today in the District and Session Court.
The defence completed their arguments and the prosecution will continue the arguments tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...