Former sewadar of Asaram`s ashram records statement in court
Jodhpur: The police on Wednesday recorded the statement of a former sewadar of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu, facing the charge of sexual assault of girls, before a court here.
Ajay Kumar from Haryana, who had been the sewadar of Asaram at his Motera Ashram at Ahmedabad since 1995 and fled from there long back, recorded his statements in the Additional Chief Judicial Metropolitan court.
He claimed in his statement that "there was continuous and hidden movement of girls" in the huts of the ashram at night.
He also said a cook and an attendant died unnatural deaths.
He said he left the ashram after seeing the "immoral and criminal activities".
"When I learnt about the case in Jodhpur, I thought it to be a duty of mine to help the police and save the innocent people from the mythical realm of Asaram", he said.
Ajay Kumar has also sought security from the court.
A police official said the statement of Kumar will help in strengthening their case against Asaram.
"We are also collecting the details of the recently lodged cases against Asaram in Surat", he said.
On the other hand, the arguments on the bail applications of Shilpi and Shiva, co accused in the case and under judicial custody now, took place today in the District and Session Court.
The defence completed their arguments and the prosecution will continue the arguments tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie