Former Union Minister booked for beating constable in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A former union minister of state
has been booked for allegedly hitting a police constable and
abusing an SHO in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district, 177 kms from
NDA`s former Union Minister of State Subhash Mehriya
got annoyed when his car was stopped at a check point near
Balwantpura area. He snatched constable Vikram Singh`s stick
and hit him with it, Bhanwar Lal, CO Nawalgarh said.
SHO Mukundgarh Nihal Singh, who was standing nearby,
rushed to the spot and tried to defend the constable but
Mehriya opposed him and hurled abuses at him, he said.
The police were checking cars after a alleged
kidnapping incident in nearby Sikar district on Tuesday last,
Medical report has confirmed injury on the constable`s
A case against Mehariya was registered under various
sections of IPC, Lal said, adding efforts are on to arrest
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India