Former Union Minister booked for beating constable in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A former union minister of state
has been booked for allegedly hitting a police constable and
abusing an SHO in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district, 177 kms from
NDA`s former Union Minister of State Subhash Mehriya
got annoyed when his car was stopped at a check point near
Balwantpura area. He snatched constable Vikram Singh`s stick
and hit him with it, Bhanwar Lal, CO Nawalgarh said.
SHO Mukundgarh Nihal Singh, who was standing nearby,
rushed to the spot and tried to defend the constable but
Mehriya opposed him and hurled abuses at him, he said.
The police were checking cars after a alleged
kidnapping incident in nearby Sikar district on Tuesday last,
Medical report has confirmed injury on the constable`s
A case against Mehariya was registered under various
sections of IPC, Lal said, adding efforts are on to arrest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read