Four children killed, 22 injured as bus overturns
Kota: Four children were among five killed and 22 others injured when their school bus overturned in Bhaltha area in Jhalawar district on Tuesday.
The incident occurred at 7.30 am when the driver of the school bus lost control over the vehicle and it overturned, SHO, Bhaltha Police Station, Nand Kishore Nager said.
Phool Singh, Rakesh and Rajiv, aged between 8 and 10 years, and bus cleaner Ismile were killed on the spot.
Another boy, Karan, succumbed to his injuries in hospital, police said.
22 children were injured in the mishap, five of them critically, they said, adding that the injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Jhalawar.
According to the bus driver, he lost control over the vehicle after the brakes of the bus failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra