Four cops injured as students clash in Jaipur
Jaipur: At least four policemen were among those injured in a clash between two groups of students here as they took out rallies for upcoming college elections.
Students belonging to rival groups pelted stones at each other leaving four policemen, who were trying to control them, injured, Gandhi Nagar ACP Tejpal Singh said.
A few students were also injured in the clash which took place outside Commerce College here.
"Two persons have been detained in this connection so far," Singh said.
Elections to students` bodies in Rajasthan University and affiliated colleges are slated to take place on August 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened