Four cops injured as students clash in Jaipur
Jaipur: At least four policemen were among those injured in a clash between two groups of students here as they took out rallies for upcoming college elections.
Students belonging to rival groups pelted stones at each other leaving four policemen, who were trying to control them, injured, Gandhi Nagar ACP Tejpal Singh said.
A few students were also injured in the clash which took place outside Commerce College here.
"Two persons have been detained in this connection so far," Singh said.
Elections to students` bodies in Rajasthan University and affiliated colleges are slated to take place on August 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- IPL 9: Rohit Sharma vows Mumbai Indians will make a strong comeback next season
- Narendra Modi in Tehran: India, Iran joint statement - Full Text
- Toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 92
- Paryavaran Bhawan to be renamed Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls