Four cops injured as students clash in Jaipur
Jaipur: At least four policemen were among those injured in a clash between two groups of students here as they took out rallies for upcoming college elections.
Students belonging to rival groups pelted stones at each other leaving four policemen, who were trying to control them, injured, Gandhi Nagar ACP Tejpal Singh said.
A few students were also injured in the clash which took place outside Commerce College here.
"Two persons have been detained in this connection so far," Singh said.
Elections to students` bodies in Rajasthan University and affiliated colleges are slated to take place on August 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report